restoration harcourt

A collection of my thoughts and experiences during the restoration of a 1924 bungalow in Los Angeles.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Long Time No Blog

I know it's been a while since my last post, but I have a lot of progress to share. When I last left off, I was just starting the kitchen. I am happy to report that the kitchen is essentially done - except for a few lingering projects. I was able to add some new appliances - dishwasher, range oven and a side-by-side fridge with a water dispenser. I also added some great lighting from Schoolhouse Electric and Rejuventation along with some accent lights for my cabinetry. Since my former kitchen consisted of a mini fridge, microwave and a coffee maker and I was washing dishes in my bathroom sink I am thankful to have the ability to cook (and eventually entertain) like I used to.
Here's a picture of the kitchen after the tenant moved out:
And here is the kitchen during the ugly demo phase:

And here's how the kitchen looks today (with adding blinds being one of those lingering projects):




The first picture is a view of the sink and dishwasher. I added copper plumbing and used white subway tile for the backsplash. The second picture is a partial view of my breakfast nook and shows the new Rejuvenation ceiling fixture that coordinates with the fixture over the sink. The third picture shows more of the cabinetry (I have halogen fixtures in the glass fronted cabinets) and my new range oven.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lola said...

That's so encouraging. Our place is still in the scary, will-it-ever-look-like-anything demo phase.

7:19 AM  
Blogger harcourt said...

lola,

Thanks for your comment. Demo of my kitchen happend in January and it wasn't until June that I had a working kitchen. I plan to post more pictures soon to show the transformation of other rooms in my house.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home